VIRALPRIME.COM – India has started work building the world’s tallest statue “Statue of Unity” to honour Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. It will stand at 182 m (597 ft) when completed in 42 months. It is almost 100 ft taller than The Spring Temple Buddha statue, the current tallest statue in the world. These are the tallest statue from around the world, hope you all enjoy it.
1. Spring Temple Buddha in the Fodushan Scenic Area, Zhaocun, China. It is 153 m (503 ft) tall and was built in 2002.
2. The Laykyun Setkyar standing Buddha in Burma. It is 130 m (427 ft) tall and was built in 2008.
3. The Ushiku Daibutsu in Ushiku, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. It is 120 m (394 ft) tall and was completed in 1993.
4. The Guanyin of the South Sea of Sanya in Hainan, China. It is 108 m (354 ft) tall.
5. The Mythical Emperors Yan and Huang in Zhengzhou, China. It is 106 m (348 ft) tall and was completed in 2007.
6. Sendai Daikannon in Sendai, Japan. It is 100 m (328 feet) tall.
7. Guishan Guanyin of the Thousand Hands and Eyes in Weishan, Changsha, Hunan, China. It is 99 m (325 ft) tall.
8. Peter the Great in Moscow, Russia. It is 96 m (315 ft) tall and was erected in 1997.
9. Statue of Liberty, USA. It is 93 m (305 ft) tall and dedicated on October 28, 1886.
10. The Great Buddha of Thailand in Ang Thong, Thailand. It is 92 m (300 ft) tall and was completed in 2008.
11. The Kannon statue in Ashibetsu city, Hokkaido, Japan. It is 88 m (288 ft) tall.
12. Motherland Calls in Volgograd, Russia. It is 87 m (279 ft) and was completed in 1967.
13. The Leshan Giant Buddha in Leshan, China. It is 71 m (233 ft) tall and carved out of a cliff face between 713 and 803 AD.
14. Mother of the Motherland in Kiev, Ukraine. It is 63 m (203 ft) tall and was built between 1979 and 1981.
15. African Renaissance Monument in Dakar, Senegal. It is 49 m (160 ft) tall and was constructed between 2008 and 2010.
16. Statue of a Samantabhadra in Sichuan, China. It is 48 m (157 ft) tall and was completed in 2005.
17. The Virgin Mary in Trujillo, Venezuela. It is 46.7 m (153 ft) tall and built in 1983.
18. The Genghis Khan Equestrian Statue in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. It is 40 m (131 ft) tall and built in 2008.
19. Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is 39.6 m (130 ft) tall and was constructed between 1922 and 1931.
20. Shiva of Murudeshwara in India. It is 37 m (123 ft) tall and was completed in 2006.
21. Hanuman of Nandura in India. It is 32 m (105 ft) tall.
22. The Statue of Unity in India. It will be 182 m (597 feet) tall when completed.