VIRALPRIME.COM – Selected more than 42,000 photographs from 96 countries, the winners of the 50th Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition have been announced by London’s Natural History Museum.
Here’s a selection of winning images and finalists from 2014.
1. Grand title winner, Michael ‘Nick’ Nichols, USA – The last great picture
2. Grand title winner in the Young Photographer (10 Years and Under) category, Carlos Perez Naval, Spain – Stinger in the sun
3. Winner in the Mammals category, Alexander Badyaev, Russia/USA – The mouse, the moon and the mosquito
4. Finalist in the Mammals category, David Lloyd, New Zealand/ United Kingdom – The enchanted woodland
5. Winner in the Birds category, Bence Máté, Hungary – Herons in time and space
6. Finalist in the Birds category, Jan van der Greef, The Netherlands – Touché
7. Winner in the Earth’s Environments category, Francisco Negroni, Chile – Apocalypse
8. Winner in the The World in Our Hands category, Bruno D’Amicis, Italy – The price they pay
9. Finalist in the Young Photographer (15-17 years) category, Edwin Sahlin, Sweden – Snowbird
10. Finalist in the Underwater Species category, Fabien Michenet, France – Little squid